Swaddle Sleeves Bodysuit™ & Mitten Sleeves Set
- The ultimate bodysuit with our signature padded Swaddle Sleeves attachment for easy swaddle transitioning; patent pending
- Sleeves are designed with optional mitten cuff to soothe baby's involuntary movements when asleep while still allowing for full range of movement & rolling
- Hand-crafted for the highest quality to gently dampen baby's startles
- Great for car rides and as a safe alternative to swaddling in the car seat
- Safe for babies who are rolling over: just continue to use our Swaddle Sleeves with the fold-over mitten cuff open or replace with our Mitten Sleeves (included) if baby prefers to still have hands covered
- Great option for babies with hip dysplasia
- Perfect for those warmer nights when you don't need extra layers
- Provides versatility: layer our Swaddle Sleeves Bodysuit with a sleep sack if baby needs extra warmth during those cooler nights
Buy 2 & save 15% with code BUNDLE + get FREE SHIPPING
- Adheres to CPSC safety standards and AAP guidelines for safe sleep. Visit our Product Safety page to learn more.
- We encourage back sleep for sleep safety
- Nontoxic; CPSIA safety-certified
- Reduces the risk of overheating
- Designed so baby can easily have the freedom to roll around and pull up
- Safe for tummy rollers: leave mitten cuff open when your baby starts rolling over or replace sleeves with Mitten Sleeves (included) if desired
- Height: 23-26 in
- Weight: 11-16 lbs (4.5-6.9 kgs)
- Height: 25-29 in
- Weight: 17-22 lbs (7-10 kgs)
View our sizing chart here!
- Sleeves are designed to soothe baby’s involuntary movements when asleep while still allowing for full range of movement
- Can also be used as a regular bodysuit with our padded sleeves removed orMitten Sleeves attached (both sets of sleeves included)!
- Keeps legs free and encourages full range hip movement while reducing the risk of overheating
- The perfect option for little ones who love to sleep and play
- Enhances quality of sleep as baby transitions out of the swaddle and into the crib
How do Swaddle Sleeves work?
By using a strategic layering technique in our sleeves, we have created the same effect of dampening babies’ startles as they transition out of the swaddle that you’re used to with our products, but WITHOUT adding ANY weighting or restrictive design. The dampening effect is created through the air pockets in our inner polyfill layer. Similar to what’s found inside a higher TOG wearable blanket, our padded Swaddle Sleeves do not restrict movement, but do provide just an extra bit of reassurance to your little one as they transition out of the swaddle. Another way to understand our proprietary layering method would be to imagine the padded Swaddle Sleeves as being made of the same material of a wearable blanket with a higher TOG (thermal overall grade) rating, whereas our Mitten Sleeves would be classified as having a lower TOG rating, but without any added restriction in sewing or design. Sleep safety will always, always be #1 at Two Baby Bears and Co.
Are all of the sleeves interchangeable?
Yes, all of our sleeves are interchangeable. For example, let’s say you purchase the Swaddle Sleeves Sack. With it, you get 2 sets of sleeves, our Swaddle Sleeves and Mitten Sleeves. You can use either one (most parents prefer to start off with our Swaddle Sleeves and then transition over to the Mitten Sleeves!), or you can also purchase our Add-On Star Sleeves, for example, if for some reason your sweet baby isn’t taking to the Swaddle Sleeves, without having to purchase a whole new product! As we grow, we’ll be offering bundle options for our sleeves, but currently, we only have our Add-On Sleeves as a purchase option so you can mix and match without having to buy a whole new product!
Are these products safe for sleep?
Our products have been designed according to the AAP’s (American Academy of Pediatrics) guidelines for safe sleep. Not only have we undergone certified third-party laboratory testing and surpassed the Consumer Product Safety Commission’s safety standards, we also partnered with pediatric physical therapists, pediatric nurses, and pediatricians throughout our development and design process to ensure that you and your baby are getting the safest, most effective swaddle product possible. Our products have been approved by global-wide safety standards and verified through Intertek and SGS Testing, both of which are world-leading inspection, verification, testing, and certification company.
At Two Baby Bears and Co., you can rest assured that we will always put safety first, as evidenced by the immediate disposal of our weighted inventory (at a huge financial loss to the company’s detriment) as soon as the updated AAP safe sleep guidelines were released in June 2022. We believe that transparency matters, and our relationship with our parents and customers is of utmost importance to us.
Why are all of the sleeves zippered and removable?
Because as parents ourselves, we know how difficult it is to buy a product and have it just not work for your baby, and then be stuck with it! That is why we provide two different sets of sleeves with our Swaddle Sleeves products and also give you the option of removing the sleeves entirely so that 1) in case the product doesn’t work out for your baby, you can still use it as a standard sleep sack/bodysuit/pajamas, and 2) to give you and your baby multiple options of how to use our product in case your baby doesn’t like it one way. This is also why we sell our “Add-on Sleeves,” and 3) for longevity of use! It’s no fun when you can only use a product for a set amount of time and once that time is over, throw it in the dresser drawer never to be seen again. We want you to get the most use out of our products and be able to use them long after you’re done with the swaddle transitioning stage!
How do I wash these?
We know laundry is an important part of any household with little ones, so we wanted to make sure washing the Swaddle Sleeves™ was as easy as possible: Make sure sleeves are attached. Wash on the normal cycle in cold water with a mild, baby-safe detergent, and tumble dry on a low-heat setting. Finally, dress your baby in their Swaddle Sleeves for a one-stop ticket to dreamland.
Are sleep sacks with sleeves safe?
As long as the infant is dressed appropriately for the temperature, swaddles and sleep sacks with sleeves are perfectly safe. Since your baby can't exactly tell you how they feel, it's up to you as a parent to find the right room temperature and use your judgment with help from the AAP's guidelines for a safe and comfortable room temperature. The recommended temperature for babies is between 68 to 72 degrees Fahrenheit or 20 to 22 degrees Celsius. Experts recommend to check the back of baby's neck to see if your little one is warm instead of their hands or feet for a more accurate reading. Another helpful measure for temperature is to dress baby in just one more layer than what you are comfortable wearing. Finally, many of our sleeves come with an optional mitten cuff, so you have the option to leave the hands open or covered depending on your little one's comfort!
We've tried to find an alternative for warm weather similar to thicker sleep suits, and we found this to be great for our baby. She can turn to her side more easily and has continued to be able to sleep through the night. Great product!
Okay, I am a FTM who struggles with anxiety. This bodysuit is amazing and checks all the boxes for me. I wish I found it sooner. I switched my daughter to this at 8 weeks (14 lbs) and we both adore it.
1. The snaps on the neck are great. Perfect fit. I always worried about the neck on other items being too tight but this is perfect. Plus you can unsnap if needed.
2. The body is fitted. This is important to me because I generally don’t like extra fabric on my baby during sleep. Because it is fitted, this allows you to put on a sleep bag if needed without having excess fabric bunching up.
3. The swaddle sleeves muffle my daughters startle reflex enough where she is not waking herself up, but they are flexible enough where if she starts rolling, I am confident she can move around.
Overall, I highly recommend this bodysuit and will be giving as a gift to all new moms in my circle!! I absolutely love it and am thankful to have found such a great product.
My son initially woke up every hour when sleeping in his pack-n-play bassinet. Once we started swaddling him at 1.5 months, he could sleep 4-5 hour stretches. However, four weeks after we started swaddling him, he started rolling from his back to his side. We had to quit swaddling him cold turkey. When we quit swaddling him, he went back to waking up every hour. And he would suck on his fists all night long - Not in a soothing way, but in a stimulating way that only made him more awake.
The swaddle sleeves have been amazing. They are like circumferential pillows for his arms. We have been swaddling him arms out while he is wearing the swaddle sleeves bodysuit, and he has gone back to sleeping 4-5 hour stretches. I have even seen him wake up, try to suck on his fists, and then go back to sleep independently. The mitten hands have been great because although he still sucks some on his fists, it is way less stimulating than it was before.
Note: My son is young (2.5 months) so he is small for the size small. It is quite long on him. But the neckline is narrow enough that it is still a safe fit for sleep and he is comfortable.
My LO had arms that never stopped. When he started breaking out of his swaddle I spent so much $ on everything I could think of…then I found Swaddle Sleeves. I wish I had found them sooner. They provided the perfect balance of freedom and control for his arms.
My LO knows its sleep time when in this onesie. It’s been helping to transition out of the swaddle.
These sleeves are great for a transition swaddle, we use this with our sleep sack and it’s going really well so far!
We used this for the first time a week ago. I did one arm out at first and my baby slept great. We have a Snoo and I’m transitioning slow at my baby’s pace. He is 7 months and so far so good with his arms out. I love that the sleeves can go over his hands so he doesn’t scratch himself. I also love how lite the material is for summer. Such a great product.
We have been working on transitioning our five month old out from his Ollie Swaddle, but he HATED having his arms out. I found these Swaddle Sleeves and instantly he took to them and slept SO WELL. My husband and I mentioned multiple times that we should have done them a long time ago during that first week!
I like that you can zip the sleeves on and off so you have a normal sleep sack if the sleeves don’t work for you. I found that this was a bigger jump in transition from a swaddle than a product like the Merlin that muffles more than just the arms. I used this after my baby got used to the Merlin. I also like that you can use it in a car seat with the body suit.
Our 4.5 month old needed to transition out of her snoo and we wanted to try to help her startle reflex. These helped a ton and she seemed to drift off go sleep so quickly.