Star Sleeves Footie™
- Footie pajamas featuring our signature zippered Star Sleeves™ for easy swaddle transitioning
- Tapered sleeves with a rounded edge that provide gentle resistance at the end, just enough to soothe baby's involuntary movements when asleep while still allowing for full range of movement for safety
- Double-layered sleeves with our signature cotton blend for comfort and breathability
- Closed sleeves with a light "pull" at the center for gentle, built-in resistance to dampen baby's startles to ease the transition out of the swaddle and beyond
- Allows babies to safely roll over back and forth as desired
Buy 2 & save 15% with code BUNDLE + get FREE SHIPPING
- Encourages back sleep for sleep safety
- Nontoxic; CPSIA safety-certified
- Reduces the risk of overheating
- Sleeves are only layered so baby can still have the freedom to roll around and pull up if desired
- Safe for babies who are rolling over
- Height: 23-26 in
- Weight: 11-15 lbs (4.5-6.9 kgs)
- Height: 25-29 in
- Weight: 16-21 lbs (7-10 kgs)
View our sizing chart here!
- Covered hands prevent late-night scratches so your little one can sleep comfortably all night long
- Great for car rides and as a safe alternative to swaddling in the car seat
- Prevents risk of overheating: perfect for those warmer nights when you only a single layer of clothing on baby
- Provides versatility: layer our Footie with a sleep sack if baby needs extra warmth during those cooler nights
- Wide around the hips to encourage proper hip development
- Double zipper for quick diaper changes
- Aids in reducing the Moro reflex to improve rest and increase bonding
- Enhances quality of sleep as baby transitions out of the swaddle and into the crib
What are the Star Sleeves?™
The Star Sleeves™ are a part of our Swaddle Transition Sleeves™ collection and are known for their tapered, rounded edges that provide gentle resistance, just enough to soothe baby's involuntary movements when asleep while still allowing for full range of movement for safety. They are characterized as being closed sleeve with a light "pull" at the center for gentle, built-in resistance to dampen baby's startles to ease the transition out of the swaddle and beyond. These extra long, wide sleeves are perfect for babies who are showing signs of rolling over and allow babies to safely roll over back and forth as desired.
Are all of the sleeves interchangeable?
Yes, all of our sleeves are interchangeable. For example, let’s say you purchase the Star Sleeves Sack. You can choose to use the Star Sleeves provided, or you can also purchase our Add-On Star Sleeves, for example, if for some reason your sweet baby isn’t taking to the Star Sleeves, without having to purchase a whole new product! As we grow, we’ll be offering bundle options for our sleeves, but currently, we only have our Add-On Sleeves as a purchase option so you can mix and match without having to buy a whole new product!
Are these products safe for sleep?
Our products have been designed according to the AAP’s (American Academy of Pediatrics) guidelines for safe sleep. Not only have we undergone certified third-party laboratory testing and surpassed the Consumer Product Safety Commission’s safety standards, we also partnered with pediatric physical therapists, pediatric nurses, and pediatricians throughout our development and design process to ensure that you and your baby are getting the safest, most effective swaddle product possible. Our products have been approved by global-wide safety standards and verified through Intertek and SGS Testing, both of which are world-leading inspection, verification, testing, and certification company.
At Two Baby Bears and Co., you can rest assured that we will always put safety first, as evidenced by the immediate disposal of our weighted inventory (at a huge financial loss to the company’s detriment) as soon as the updated AAP safe sleep guidelines were released in June 2022. We believe that transparency matters, and our relationship with our parents and customers is of utmost importance to us.
Why are all of the sleeves zippered and removable?
Because as parents ourselves, we know how difficult it is to buy a product and have it just not work for your baby, and then be stuck with it! That is why we provide two different sets of sleeves with our Swaddle Sleeves products and also give you the option of removing the sleeves entirely so that 1) in case the product doesn’t work out for your baby, you can still use it as a standard sleep sack/bodysuit/pajamas, and 2) to give you and your baby multiple options of how to use our product in case your baby doesn’t like it one way. This is also why we sell our “Add-on Sleeves,” and 3) for longevity of use! It’s no fun when you can only use a product for a set amount of time and once that time is over, throw it in the dresser drawer never to be seen again. We want you to get the most use out of our products and be able to use them long after you’re done with the swaddle transitioning stage!
Are sleep sacks with sleeves safe?
As long as the infant is dressed appropriately for the temperature, swaddles and sleep sacks with sleeves are perfectly safe. Since your baby can't exactly tell you how they feel, it's up to you as a parent to find the right room temperature and use your judgment with help from the AAP's guidelines for a safe and comfortable room temperature. The recommended temperature for babies is between 68 to 72 degrees Fahrenheit or 20 to 22 degrees Celsius. Experts recommend to check the back of baby's neck to see if your little one is warm instead of their hands or feet for a more accurate reading. Another helpful measure for temperature is to dress baby in just one more layer than what you are comfortable wearing. Finally, many of our sleeves come with an optional mitten cuff, so you have the option to leave the hands open or covered depending on your little one's comfort!